Stocking ideas for a 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosoxlobsterman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have an opportunity to get a 55 gallon for free, which I was going to plumb to be part of the same system as my 36 gallon corner tank (I have a canister filter supposedly good for up to 100 gallons); two tanks connected to one filter :brows:

Can't get it for a couple weeks but ideas for stocking are always appreciated!! My corner tank currently has a yellow three-spot gourami, a paradise gourami, two panda corys, three bronze corys, five cherry barbs, a bristlenose pleco, and 6 baby black mollys (soon to be given to a friend).

First thing I'd like to do is get a couple more of each of the corys and split the two groups by tank, but after that....

image-1840581395.jpg

This is my Bolivian Ram. It is a bottom dweller, 2-3" and schools with my cories. It is a very different, beautiful fish (different than my bristlenose). I thought you might like one. :)

Well if your running two tanks off of one filter then at least you have an idea of what wont work like. For example no rift lake cichlids, fancy goldfish or brackish etc... you get the idea, still the possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom