Stocking ideas for new 30g tall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyINCo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a freshly planted 30g tall tank and need stocking suggestions. I want fish that are a little more rare, and maybe just showpiece fish, not necessarily community. Here are my thoughts so far...

A pair of Kribensis. or

A pair of blue or koi angels with a school of cardinals. or

One oscar of some sort. (I know they like to rearrange plants though) or

..... I need ideas. Any and all! Thank you!

Kris are nice, maybe a solo blue angel. Cardinals are nice, maybe emperor or black neons. Praecox? I am unsure of any Oscar that suits a 30. I have a 30 long myself.

The tank is much too small for an oscar. I don't think two angels are a great fit either. A pair of kribs would work well though. Or other dwarf cichlids like rams, apistos, nannacara, and laetacara.

I'm open to any obscure fish that maybe I haven't thought of as well. Thanks for the suggestions you guys. :)

I would go with an nice centerpiece red or blue angel if you can find them and a school of a tetra maybe blueberry tetra or the cardinals.

Never seen a blueberry tetra myself, could go with 6 rummynoses as they tend to school and are not nippy which would be beneficial to an angel if you chose that route.

As far as tetras go, my vote would be for lemon's, kerri's, or cochu's blue. :)

Isn't a blueberry tetra just a black skirt with color modifications? If so they are nippy and would have to be in a larger school so that the angel wouldn't get nipped at? I think a blue angel with emperor tetras would be a nice color combo. Or cardinals.

I do believe a blueberry tetra is a white skirt tetra that has been injected with dye. It's cruel and gruesome and I hope no one will purchase them.

I would never buy a dyed fish. That's an awful thing to do to them. I see them in the Walmart here from time to time. Makes me so mad.

I was thinking of ordering a Philippine Blue veiled Angelfish.

What about Congo tetras?

Where were you thinking of ordering one from? I've been after one for a while and can't seem to find a decent price, so if you have a good lead, pls clue me in. ;)

Congo's would work.

Ok, good to know. Any other more exotic fish that I'm not thinking of?

And the only PBA's I can find are from angelfishusa. They sell them on eBay. 69 for the fish and 45 for shipping. I know, ouch. I'm going to possibly find out where one of the regulars in the chat room got his, and see if I can't get one shipped from there.

Goodness gracious...no way jose!

A zebra pleco L46 would be awesome...if you have the $$ ;)

Take a look at sumatran gobies. They're pretty neat. I passed some up at a lfs when I was out of town recently and regret it.

I love my panda garras and orange lazer cories.

Those are cool. Especially the super blue ones.

What about rainbows? Is there a cool exotic version?

I would avoid larger rainbows but there are many smaller species that would be great. Threadfin, gertrudae, furcata, etc.

Back
Top Bottom