Stocking Ideas for peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
75g 48L 18W 20h.

Current stock

2 ob peacock 1 male 1 female (adult)
2 Benga yellow peacock I believe female but still kind of young.
3 Jacoby freinberg I think all male but just barely showing color.
2 sunburst peacock I believe both male (starting to turn orange colored)
1 blue peacock adult male maybe a flame tail.

I am looking to add some more peacocks and maybe a few Haps (never had one don't really know much about them)
I am drawn to fish with a lot of color especially the blues yellows and greens any suggestions would be appreciated.

My goal is to end up with an all male showtank. This is a picture of the current tank for reference. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391204122.660882.jpg

Then you need to rehome the female and all females you might have I had one female in my tank and it drove all my peacocks crazy it was freaking fight club in my tank after I rehomes her its a monastery.

Yeah that's the plan I'm going to use my 29g for the females. Right now I only have the one adult male and he leaves them alone for the most part some chasing but minimal. As they grow I'm going to either move the females to the other tank or rehome them.

* rehomed her* I am with you but where limited to what's in stock this are my German red and sulfur head peacocks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391206875.023548.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391206980.581727.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391206980.581727.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391206980.581727.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 51
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391207021.894254.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391207021.894254.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 49
I like them they look cool. I feel you on what's in stock I'm having a hard time finding anything different. I bought all the ones I liked at the one store and another one I went to had nothing good for peacocks. Someone told me of another store about 40 minutes away I think I might check it out tomorrow. I'm nervous ordering online because the weather has been so cold here in Buffalo that I would be worried the fish would not survive.

75g 48L 18W 20h.

Current stock

2 ob peacock 1 male 1 female (adult)
2 Benga yellow peacock I believe female but still kind of young.
3 Jacoby freinberg I think all male but just barely showing color.
2 sunburst peacock I believe both male (starting to turn orange colored)
1 blue peacock adult male maybe a flame tail.

I am looking to add some more peacocks and maybe a few Haps (never had one don't really know much about them)
I am drawn to fish with a lot of color especially the blues yellows and greens any suggestions would be appreciated.

My goal is to end up with an all male showtank. This is a picture of the current tank for reference. View attachment 219881

I wouldn't go more than 10-13 peacocks. They need swimming room. Ideally a move to 125 later would open your options. Nice fish btw!

The Jacobfriebergi are pretty agressive peacocks. The yellow and blue peacocks will eventually get picked on by the other species. Red Top Lwanda, Hap Ahli, Red Shoulder Peacock are some other choices. I would add the Hap Ahli last if you are interested in them. There are also some pretty cool Synodontis species out there that may be added.

Back
Top Bottom