Stocking Ideas Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinB

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 40 gal tank, that will soon be empty, and I was looking for some ideas for a small population, perhaps just 1 or 2, 3 at the most. Smaller, larger is of more interest than smaller and having 3. So, was probably lean towards 2. Both matching, preferably same sex. Don't want to get into breeding (know nothing about it) So if a pair, want a couple that won't fight.

I've had an aquarium for about 14 years, but not real familiar with different fish. I have had a GF, so am familiar with a high waste fish, but looking for new fish to not be any worse. That's one key reason I want to keep the numbers very low.

I was thinking about angles, convicts (black or yellow) rams or? I also wondered about 1 Jack Dempsey. Too small a tank for 1?

Any other ideas. Some neat fish ideas would be appreciated. Although I am considering larger tanks down the road, I don't want it to be a must.

Thanks for any ideas.

A pair of angelfish, a pair of german blue rams, and some tetras would look nice.

Angels are almost impossible to sex. A 40g isn't very tall for Angels.

I'd do a nice bunch of Corys like 10-12 and a big school of flashy Tetras and maybe a Pearl Gourami and nice plants and wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, I should have been more accurate and not "round off". It's a 39 tall so a bit taller than most tanks I think.

One Angel, a pair of Bolivian Rams, and 12 Cory's. Then, one or two African Butterfly Fish as top dwellers. Pretty cool tank, when planted.

Nils

Pile of plants and rocks with half a dozen kuhli loaches an equal ammount of mixed cories. It ll look busy and weird, but fun!

Back
Top Bottom