Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loddy Dod

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ello, I Am trying to come up with a stock list for my 37 gallon tall fish tank. Right now all I know is I am getting German blue rams. I would like to get somewhat "rare" fish like galaxy rasboras or something. So any ideas of really any fish would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you get the rams I'd add them last; they can be picky about water quality. Also most rams prefer higher temps (low 80's) then most other fish will tolerate. You could do Bolivian rams instead which are less temperamental and can live in lower temps (mid-high 70s). If you get a pair they can get aggressive when spawning; if you get two of the same gender they'll likely fight.

I have celestial pearl danio (formerly known as galaxy rasbora) and they are very pretty little fish.

I've had spotted blue eye rainbowfish too, which are very pretty fish particularly when they flare. Get more females than males though as the males tend to stress the females too much.

So you could do something like:

8-10 CPD
8-10 blue eye
1-2 bolivian rams

This is just one suggestion; there are many other options too. Have you seen any other fish you like?

Thanks for the reply librarygirl!

I do understand these things about german blue rams as I have done extensive research on them, so I think I should be OK.

Those blue eye fish are beautiful! I will definatly look into them!

I just have a knack for the exotic and rare side of fish keeping, as well as very colorful. Another fish I like are peacock gudgeons, or peacock gobys.

If you want an algae eating bottom fish, I'd look into Stiphodon atropurpureus; I have two juveniles right now and they're great little fish, don't get big, and look gorgeous when they mature. Just make sure you let your tank get established for a bit before you add them (y)

Back
Top Bottom