Stocking info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatFish11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Just starting over. I grabbed a few female guppies and they had babies about a month back and their parents didn’t make it:(
All the fry are in a 75 gallon tank on their own right now

When can I start adding other fish? Right now it’s a bare bottom however adding sand soon whenever it’s ready to be pick up

There is about 16 guppy fry
Eventually I wanna add
3 pearl gourami - all female
12 boesmani rainbow
10 Sterbai Cory
And a pleco
I like the look of chiclids but heard they’re aggressive and don’t do well in a community

I have a sponge filter and 110 aquaclear filter.

Any recommendations?

I'm not a Gourami person but I *think* you may have issues with 3 in the tank even if they are all female. The fry will make yummy snacks for both the Gouramis and the Rainbows until they are at least 3/4 grown[emoji849] The more hiding places they have, plants, decorations etc, the greater the chance a few will survive.

I agree that the fry will be snack food. Pearl Gourami are nice and peaceful but you are not going to be able to tell males from females unless they are fully grown. But, in my experience, it doesn't matter much. If you have a male and two females, the male will pursue the females, but it's not a problem. Most cichlids are not good community tank members.

I'm not a Gourami person but I *think* you may have issues with 3 in the tank even if they are all female. The fry will make yummy snacks for both the Gouramis and the Rainbows until they are at least 3/4 grown[emoji849] The more hiding places they have, plants, decorations etc, the greater the chance a few will survive.

Okay so perhaps will only add the cories for now? Then add the pearls and the rainbows until the guppies are fully grown?

And maybe only add 2 gourami, I like the look of them however worried about their aggression.

Do you have any ideas what will be good for a center piece?

Pearl gouramis are pretty easy going as far as gouramis go. There is the occasional aggressive one, but not most. I usually get 3-4 per tank when I have them (currently and twice prior). Shoot for 1 male and the rest female if your fish person can tell, but I've had 2/2 before without issue. And then this time I managed to find an outlier and he was a persnickety dude until I changed a few things. Just wait for the fry to grow up some more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom