Stocking my 20 gallon long.. need tips!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HustlinApples

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everybody!
First of all thanks for taking your time to view my post. Now I brought my tank out of retirement and would like to mix things up. I want vibrant colors since my substrate is black sand, colors should pop.
Any ideas on a stock list would be great!! Here's what it looks like. I'm letting her cycle and getting the levels perfect.
IMG_0489.jpg

My 20 gallon tank has

• 5 zebra danios, they look great, the colors would pop, just watch out for fin nippers.

• 2 Rosibarbs, they do great and are very happy, I love having them in my tank, they are very energetic

• Mickey mouse Platy: pretty calm fish, and I think the colors really stand out, and create contrast.

• White Balloon Molly: Totally recommended for a 20 g, very peaceful and I think white would look great in your tank!

• 3 tigers barbs, many people would tell you that they are agressive and need more space, but mine are always schooling, they don't mess with others and people usually tell me that they are the ones that look best, I have 2 red ones and a green one.

• 2 guppies: Blue and Orange, top swimmers, very basic and love having them in my tank. Probably don't want to mix them with the danios, I had problems before but not anymore.

• and of course bottom feeders

Good luck!!!

My 20 gallon tank has

• 5 zebra danios, they look great, the colors would pop, just watch out for fin nippers.

• 2 Rosibarbs, they do great and are very happy, I love having them in my tank, they are very energetic

• Mickey mouse Platy: pretty calm fish, and I think the colors really stand out, and create contrast.

• White Balloon Molly: Totally recommended for a 20 g, very peaceful and I think white would look great in your tank!

• 3 tigers barbs, many people would tell you that they are agressive and need more space, but mine are always schooling, they don't mess with others and people usually tell me that they are the ones that look best, I have 2 red ones and a green one.

• 2 guppies: Blue and Orange, top swimmers, very basic and love having them in my tank. Probably don't want to mix them with the danios, I had problems before but not anymore.

• and of course bottom feeders

Good luck!!!

Thanks for your post! I really like those ideas.
The stocking sounds great. I would probably sub out the barbs for black skirts if they'd do well with the others. And for bottom feeders. Do you think 4 or so Cory cats would be good? Thanks again [emoji4]

I'm changing over to a planted tank with drift wood. My stock list will be :

6: black skirt tetras
1: Dwarf Flame Guorami
5: Julii Cory
3: assorted Platy
1: Bolivian Ram

I want to start with anacharis, java fern, and amazon swords. Any input would be great.

Hey everybody!
First of all thanks for taking your time to view my post. Now I brought my tank out of retirement and would like to mix things up. I want vibrant colors since my substrate is black sand, colors should pop.
Any ideas on a stock list would be great!! Here's what it looks like. I'm letting her cycle and getting the levels perfect.
View attachment 303087
Neon tetras,,,would be great,,,

I second the zebra danios, they are awesome fish. I have 6, and they love to chase each other but leave my other fish alone.

Other fish that you might consider:
Platies
Dwarf Gourami
Corydoras

For a 20Long ?

Choices , 1 or 2 shoals of;

Neons

Cherry Barbs ( peaceful and underrated)

Glowlight Tetras ( not Glo Tetras)

Or
Harlequin Rasboras

Celestial Pearl Danios if you want to try Nano fish