Stocking my 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I currently have a 75 gallon tank stocked with 2 red eared slider turtles, 6 buenos aires tetras, 3 silver tip tetras, and a Chinese algae eater. The tank is running on a Rena filstar XP-2 and a tetra whisper 60 filter. I totally understand that it's a 75 gallon with only 10 fish, but I have 2 aquatic turtles who are responsible for so much of the bio load. I am just wondering if you all think I can add any more fish to my already heavily stocked tank because of the turtles. I personally want to add around 5 cories because I don't really have any bottom dwelling fish. Preferably peppered. ANY suggestions or input is greatly appreciated!

Just a tank pic taken today:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418417456.545888.jpg

And my tetras:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418417561.259524.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No suggestions?! Isn't stocking supposed to be the most exciting part?! I was thinking that if I got a school of cories then they would open up room in the bio load by eating scraps on the bottom but they'd fill that gap with their own bio load. I'm planning on getting some peppers today.

I think having the turtles is throwing everyone off. It is me as I have no clue if you are over or under stocked. Also don't know what's compatible with them.

I would say something like a pictus cat would work but probably eat the tetras. The I would look into aggressive or semi aggressive fish that might be able to hold their own against the turtles.

I think having the turtles is throwing everyone off. It is me as I have no clue if you are over or under stocked. Also don't know what's compatible with them.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know much with regards to the turtles. I did think turtles ate fish or do these not get that big?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say something like a pictus cat would work but probably eat the tetras. The I would look into aggressive or semi aggressive fish that might be able to hold their own against the turtles.
I'm going to have to disagree here. Imho, the turtles would munch on anything big enough to catch. I think your best bet is to stick with small fast fish.

African cichlids I think would be best with turtles I think... They are quick fish and nice to look at

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom