Stocking my new 100gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glassvirtuoso

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Finally, I've got my first big tank! I'm so incredibly excited. The cycling is done, the plants are in. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what to put in it!

My boyfriend and I have our hearts set on an armored bichir (polypterus delhezi) after seeing a batch of juvies at our LFS. This pretty severely limits tank mates as this guy will probably get around a foot long and will eat anything that will fit in its mouth.

So far, we're considering a couple sajicas (T-Bar cichlid), a couple honduran red points, our existing pearl gourami, an african spotted leaf fish, maybe a couple angels, and we're researching south american puffers (BIG "if" on that one, they're fin nippers).

Are there any neat fish (over 5") you might suggest for this set up?

You could try some sort of medium pleco, like a royal pleco. A common might be pushing it but maybe you could get away with it

gold royal plecos are super cool and they can defend them selfs from any other fish but are not agressive and they are an efficent algea eater.... or a gibbicept same deal but they get a bit bigger 10" or so

You could try some sort of medium pleco, like a royal pleco. A common might be pushing it but maybe you could get away with it
how big do royal plecs get? saw tiny ones at my LFS and they are really cute

a striped raphael cat may work,they get around 8 inches i think and are covered in spikes

I was thinking about the raphael cat. It's not recommended to have plecos and bichirs because sometimes the plecos attached themselves to the bichirs body and can damage/stress them out.

alLexX said:
how big do royal plecs get? saw tiny ones at my LFS and they are really cute

a striped raphael cat may work,they get around 8 inches i think and are covered in spikes

About a foot from what I've found online

Back
Top Bottom