Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
you don't have to do 6 exactly, there's no set minimum number. They do better in larger groups, but 4 or 5 would be ok too.

I love corys, if I can fit 6 I would be happy. What about neons or any 'fish'?

I would fill out the rest of the school of serpae. Adding another species of schooler would really make things kinda chaotic in there especially with 2 growing angelfish. I have adult angels paired in 20H tanks and I couldn't imagine having a full stock load in there with them.

jetajockey said:
I would fill out the rest of the school of serpae. Adding another species of schooler would really make things kinda chaotic in there especially with 2 growing angelfish. I have adult angels paired in 20H tanks and I couldn't imagine having a full stock load in there with them.

Will do! I was thinking 2 or 3 more Serpaes? Also should I go with pygmys or norms or can I mix both?

I wouldn't mix the cory species, they tend to stick to their own species. they'll shoal together but they won't be really tight.

Yeah 2 or 3 serpae, 4 or so dwarf corys and you'd be pretty well set.

jetajockey said:
I wouldn't mix the cory species, they tend to stick to their own species. they'll shoal together but they won't be really tight.

Yeah 2 or 3 serpae, 4 or so dwarf corys and you'd be pretty well set.

Okay! What types (Other then peppered) are pygmys?

peppered aren't dwarf corys, they get pretty big as adults. habrosus, nanus (i think) ,pygmy, and hastatus are the dwarf species, and pandas are really small as well. Those are the only I know of off the top of my head.

jetajockey said:
peppered aren't dwarf corys, they get pretty big as adults. habrosus, nanus (i think) ,pygmy, and hastatus are the dwarf species, and pandas are really small as well. Those are the only I know of off the top of my head.

Really?! I was told they were pygmys.

jetajockey said:

Pygmys and hastatus look tiny!

jetajockey said:
pygmies are about the size of otocinclus. When I have both in a tank I actually confuse the two because they look very similar

Lol! I love otos! I had one but he got stuck in a plant and died. Do you. know anywhere whose sells.those breeds cheap? I know
Liveaquaria.com is pretty expensive but ill cbeck it out.

Most local fish stores carry otos. Not really a hard fish to find.. not in my area anyways. Albino Cory's are a nice addition and color change also.

pantherspawn said:
Most local fish stores carry otos. Not really a hard fish to find.. not in my area anyways. Albino Cory's are a nice addition and color change also.

I was talking about the corys Jetta had suggested ;) Sorry for not explaining very well.

jettajockey, Thanks for the links, I will check them out!

GuppyLover said:
I was talking about the corys Jetta had suggested ;) Sorry for not explaining very well.

jettajockey, Thanks for the links, I will check them out!

Oh OK. No worries

I have always like the Adolfoi Corys, are they small?

I have six corys and to my shock they group! Bronze, emerald, peppered, sterbai, albino and schultzei :) Although I may have just got lucky..

Back
Top Bottom