stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iv just done (today) a gcse maths higher tier paper. how does one magically double the size of a tank by merely splitting it in half? i think thats what people are saying, sorry x

I think we are assuming he has a 55 gal and he is splitting it which would make it into 2 22gal halves. thats what i'm seeing in my head anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2244
Thanks alot

If I didn't split the tank a dwarf groumi it is but I've also read here at AA about dwarf cichlids which should I look more into?

I see you really want those cichlids lol. i dont blame you. they are neat fish and are great to look at. For the safety of your other fish i would still recomend the gourami over the cichlids. most gouramis are a community fish and will not bother your other inhabitants. Cichlids are semi-aggressive by nature and despite the size of them, they will most likely try and attack or nip your other fish.

ANDANDAND i soooo recommend the blockhead cichlid, Steatocranus casuarius. my female is beautiful and shy, but quite territorial. german blue rams are also highly appraised, especially on AA

The blue rams are some of the more peaceful fish in the cichlid family. make sure there is plenty of hiding spaces for them though! when there is a lack of hiding spots they might get aggressive.

Couldn't you do a dwarf cichlid? There are some really cool ones

dwarf cichlids are fine,so are sharks(only 1)and gouramis,either normal or dwarf.

Ok would you have any suggestions on which of either species to put in with the ones I have already

I have a mated pair of cockatoo apistos (a south American dwarf cichlid) they are wonderful! They have the personality of puppies... :)

Dwarf gouramis are like social butterflies, they really do get along with any other peaceful fish!

Will the gourami, ram and/or apisto get along if there are only 1 of each or will that spell disaster?

I was told that if you have one guorami, and an apisto are fine...cockatoo apistos live closer to the bottom, while guoramis live near surface!

I am actually making my own caves for the fish to swim into and claim. When I'm finished I'm prob gonna have about 4 of then made of PVC. So if I get 1 apisto, 1 ram and 1 gourami it'll be ok? And if so can I get any groumai or should I stick with dwarfs

You can't get a ram AND an apisto unfortunately...they are both cichlid species, and would be harmful to each other, and may also take it out on guorami...one or the other and a guorami would be fine

Back
Top Bottom