stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well today i decided to count the fish, also with my fish i never mentioned my molly i always counted it with my platies due that its about the same size so
well currently this is my stock list of fish and plants:

1 rainbow shark "jaws"
1 balloon molly
8 tiger barb
4 black skirt tetra
5 mickey mouse platy 4 blue 1m 3f and one male regular mickey
1 red wag platy 1f
2 sunburst platy 1m if
2 three spot gourami

anacharis
amazon swords
bacopa
ludwigia palustris
crypt???
wisteria
hornwort
dwarf sag
jungle val

and this is what ive been thinking on adding to my tank:

5-6 corys, not sure what kind yet
2 bolivian rams 1 male and 1 female
maybe some rainbows but i dont want it overcrowded

and this are the plants that ive been thinking on adding not sure which one or if i want them all:

some star grass
parrot feather
anubias
maybe moss
micro swords
and a banana plant

oh yeah i almost forgot my tank its a 75 gallon with a fluval 404 canister filter

well i just got home from trading some anacharis the guy only wanted that and hooked it up pretty good, after dinner ill be posting the pics of them he gave me atleast 7 kinds of plants dont know the names i kno some are ludwigia and maybe star grass

IMO, I wouldn't add corys, and especially not rams in with a rainbow shark. The shark is so much aggresive and territorial than a ram or cory, so I think you would be asking for trouble. Just my opinion though. I know rainbow sharks are less aggresive than red-tailed sharks, but I stills wouldn't do it. Maybe somebody else will have a different opinion.

IMO, I wouldn't add corys, and especially not rams in with a rainbow shark. The shark is so much aggresive and territorial than a ram or cory, so I think you would be asking for trouble. Just my opinion though. I know rainbow sharks are less aggresive than red-tailed sharks, but I stills wouldn't do it. Maybe somebody else will have a different opinion.
I have a 29 gallon with a rainbow shark, a german blue ram, and 2 spotted cory's and they all get along well. On a rare occasion the shark will chase the cory's but that only last about a half a second then they leave each other alone. I would think in a 75 gallon there should be enough space to establsh their territories and leave eachother alone.
Just my experience.

I have a 29 gallon with a rainbow shark, a german blue ram, and 2 spotted cory's and they all get along well. On a rare occasion the shark will chase the cory's but that only last about a half a second then they leave each other alone. I would think in a 75 gallon there should be enough space to establsh their territories and leave eachother alone.
Just my experience.

at first the shark was really aggressive due that i added him to a cichlid tank and he claimed it all as his territory but after i re-scaped and re stocked he was fine with the other except when the gouramis trid to get in his cave but since i got rid of the pleco and pictus cat that owned the other caves he became really nice n never chases any1 also i added alot of -plants today too

well i got the names of the plants i might try to get the order later but i got the names!!!!

Hygrophila Polysperma ‘Rosanervig’
Cryptocoryne petchii/micro crypt
Cabomba caroliniana/ fanwort
melon sword
Ambulia (Limnophila aquaticum)
Ludwigia 'Araguaia' (Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Araguaia')
Ludwigia Pantanal (Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal')

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom