Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquascapist

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would this be to much for a 40g breeder tank?
5 rosy barbs
5 tiger barbs
5 green barbs
5 corys
2 eclipse/sun catfish
1 gourami

Do all barbs get along?

Thanks forty for input!

Fry

Would this be to much for a 40g breeder tank?
5 rosy barbs
5 tiger barbs
5 green barbs
5 corys
2 eclipse/sun catfish
1 gourami

Do all barbs get along?

Thanks forty for input!

The fry (offspring) of the barbs might become a meal for the eclipse catfish & gourami. Not sure if all barbs get along. I'm fairly sure they don't. I know cherry barbs are not as aggressive as the barbs you have, but you don't have cherry barbs. Sorry I'm not a "barb expert." I like the colors on the barbs, but their reputation for fin nipping keeps me away from them since I have fish that would get destroyed by barbs. Hope this helps. :fish2:

Ya thanks. I was thinking about just having a barb tank. I actually traded some angles for the green barbs.

Ya thanks. I was thinking about just having a barb tank. I actually traded some angles for the green barbs.

Black ruby barbs are an option; their almost identical to tiger barbs but they are a deep red with black stripes. They aren't nippy at all and get along great with other fish; I have 11 black ruby barbs in a 55g community and they never bother anyone. I've heard tiger barbs are nippy and can be aggressive, but I've never had them so I can't comment on that from the experience stand point. I love my black ruby barbs.

I haven't seen those yet. I'm going to check them out. Thanks. My green barbs haven't bothered anyone either. They are also a hybrid of the tiger barb. I love the barbs, I don't know why. I think it would be awesome to have a tank full of schools of different species of barbs.

I haven't seen those yet. I'm going to check them out. Thanks. My green barbs haven't bothered anyone either. They are also a hybrid of the tiger barb. I love the barbs, I don't know why. I think it would be awesome to have a tank full of schools of different species of barbs.

That would be cool. And I absolutely love my black ruby barbs. They are so active! A few of mine have really colored up and they are so pretty.

Ok thanks guys. I really love my gourami and we've been through so much. lol! I might have to ditch him tho.

Back
Top Bottom