Stocking suggestions! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have my 2 glo tetras( I think that is the name lol), a harlequin rasbora and my fantail calico goldfish in a 15 gallon tank right now. And YES I know the goldfish should be in a different tank, but it's not and all of them are fine. Anyway I plan on getting another goldfish of some type later to put with mine in the 15g. I just want some suggestions for what I should put in my new tank once it's ready. Thanks :)

Don't get another one. 15 Gallons is way too small for a single goldfish, and they have different temperature needs. A bare minimum of 20 gallons for a single fancy goldfish is necessary(I think more is better), and 10 gallons more per additional goldfish. You will risk you're goldfish'es life, and the other fish lives by putting two together in such a small tank. I would suggest removing the current goldfish, and getting alternative fish instead such as cory's, danio's, tetra's, glofish...

Are you seriously suggesting that I get rid of the goldfish? That won't happen lol thanks for your input though ! I just wanted suggestions for the new tank, not to be badgered with the goldfish , I thought I said that in my post that I was looking for input for the new tank. I guess I didn't buy I've said it now lol but thanks again

Are you seriously suggesting that I get rid of the goldfish? That won't happen lol thanks for your input though ! I just wanted suggestions for the new tank, not to be badgered with the goldfish , I thought I said that in my post that I was looking for input for the new tank. I guess I didn't buy I've said it now lol but thanks again
Well, you said you planed on getting another goldfish. What i mean is you can keep the current goldfish, but it might be a tough call. But if you didn't buy a second one, i wouldn't suggest getting a second one.

I'm open to suggestions on what to put in my new tank y'all! No more goldfish talk please. Lol I just need input with putting new fish with my tetras and harlequin ! Thank you though! And I apologize if I came across as snappy or ungrateful towards your reply. I've been told 5394 times about the goldfish stuff on here and people just keep on lol but it's a forum and everyone can say what they wish. I just wanted to clear that up so y'all didn't think I was a mean stuck up person or whatever! I'm new still to the fish world and learning as I go so I'm loving this forum!! It's helped me Alot!

No, I'm going to keep the goldfish in the one it's in now (15g) . And move the other 3 to the bigger one

I would highly suggest upping the nmbers of the rasboras and tetras to allow ten to school and become more comfortable with their surroundings. Only two tetras will stress them out an take away the beauty of TEIR schooling nature. I suggest getting a moonlight to be able to see them glow.

I would highly suggest upping the nmbers of the rasboras and tetras to allow ten to school and become more comfortable with their surroundings. Only two tetras will stress them out an take away the beauty of TEIR schooling nature. I suggest getting a moonlight to be able to see them glow.

Thank you! I feel dumb asking this but what exactly is a "moonlight"? We were talking about the idea of a black light to use . Not all the time just sometimes but I didn't know how that would effect the fish or anything

A moonlight is the same thig as a black light but it just to te consumers appeal. It allows you to see the tank when the fish think they're not being watched. You can get them from marineland's LEDs

A moonlight is the same thig as a black light but it just to te consumers appeal. It allows you to see the tank when the fish think they're not being watched. You can get them from marineland's LEDs

So lets say I got one. Lol how long do I leave it on? Bc I turn their light off when I sleep, so they get their night time as well

I'm a big tetra fan, their absolutely correct. Do you like small catfish, cory cats get along great with small tetra, and rasbora's :)

You turn on the moon light as if it replaced the off switch. Off in the day, on in the night.

I'm a big tetra fan, their absolutely correct. Do you like small catfish, cory cats get along great with small tetra, and rasbora's :)

I've never had catfish ... I do know I want something bright and pretty to look at lol I know I'm probably going to get a couple tetras , I just don't know what other fish would be suitable tank buddies with them and the harlequin

You turn on the moon light as if it replaced the off switch. Off in the day, on in the night.

Makes sense lol now I do feel stupid. Lol what if I went with a black light? Do the same?

Try a pair of cories, you wont be dissapointed! As for bright colored tetra's neon's look great in a school. :)

Back
Top Bottom