Stocking thoughts... more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I want more fish, shock right? I watch my tank and realize there's not a whole lot happening on the bottom. After seeing everyone shout the praises of cory's in so many threads, I think I want some. But, will they fit?

Stock in my 55 gal is in my sig, check it out.

I know I have room in the bottom, but I don't know about the tank as a whole. I am a tank maintainance fanatic. Right now my pwc schedule is once a week, and that keeps my tank balanced and nitrates below 15ppm. I'm not worried about that part. What I DON'T want to happen, is for the rest of my fish to feel cramped with the addition of at least 6 cory's. In other words, if it will negatively effect the community dynamics, I'll skip it.

What do you guys think?

Corys don't take much space , mine stay on the bottom 95% of the time the only time they come up is the quick dart to the surface they make every little while . I find they give a nice dynamic to the bottom that you can't get with many other types of fish . You can look at my info to see who's in my tank and all get along . Since they don't take much swimming space and it sounds like your system would handle the bio - Go for it .

Back
Top Bottom