Strange pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaylorAnuar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My bristlenose pleco that i got wednesday is doing something odd. Last night i thought i heard some kind of splash or something, so i looked at the filter and there it was my bnose trying to jump into the filter output. Idk why it is doing it but it just did it again, i just don't want it to get hurt, and ideas as to why/what i should do?
Just for fun this is the little guy:

image-872133954.jpg

That's pretty interesting. I have 2 bristlenose Plecos in one of my tanks and I have never seen them do that. What size tank do you have and what is the stock?

It's a 20g high with 8 glowlight tetra, 2 harlequjn rasboras, i know you're supposed to have more but it's kind of weird corcumstances, a male betta, a few snails, and a few ghost shrimp. Also, the betta totally ignores the bnose, just is obsessed with harassing my mystery snail.

Well in not an expert so maybe someone else with more experience about it can be a little more helpful but do you have enough hiding places for the Pleco? You might be able to rearrange or add a piece of decor so that the Pleco will find a place that will be comfortable to him and he will stop going for the output.

There's 6 hiding spots, the pleco actually goes around all of them, it actually spends all day (and night apparently) going around my tank. It's kind of an oddball.

My bristlenose loves to hangout on the spillway just below the bio wheel on my HOB. She loves it. Their natural habitat are swift streams. So I just assumed it was instinct.

I'm just kind of worried that something bad will happen, mostly that it'll somehow fall out of the tank when jumping into the HOB.

Back
Top Bottom