strange symbiotic relationship...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salty Dog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I have a pretty interesting thing going on in my tank. I got a clarkii clown about a month and a half ago and always wanted a pair, so I got another about a month ago. The first clown I got is hosting a condy anenome that is plenty big enough for two clowns, but he insisted on not sharing it with the new guy. Unfortunatly, the first clown began picking on the new one and started chasing him under a low rock whwere my blood shrimp hangs out. This blood shrimp never usually comes out for anything and doesn't like fishy intruders under his rock much, especially new ones. But he didn't chase this guy out. Strangely, despite getting picked on by the first clown, the new one is doing very well and is eating and is very energetic. The strange thing about this situation is that once the new clown has his share of food, he takes food down to the shrimp and spits it out right in front of him, just as a clown would do to his anenome.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

My clarkiis spit food in their cave they hide in. Mabye thats what hes doing and the shrimp is just hangign out there anyways? Either way it's pretty cool.

Yeah, maybe that's it. It's good for me because I get kinda worried when the blood shrimp doesn't eat for days...then again, I've had him the longest out of anything in my tank...

thats so cool. Although I gotta say that if my friend spit food at me, I would probibly think twice about eating it.

Back
Top Bottom