Striped Raphael Cat - tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been reading about these guys, such neat "little" cats. I've been get some conflicting info(of course) about tank size. I keep seeing 30 gallons recommended but I'm not sure if for an 8 inch cat that is correct. Opinions?

Striped Raphaels can get to around 10". It is very uncommon though and it takes an extremely long time. I would say a 30g would be fine as long as it is not overstocked. Figure 5-6" will be a more common size. They will grow fast to around 4-5" then slow down from there.

Striped Raphaels can get to around 10". It is very uncommon though and it takes an extremely long time. I would say a 30g would be fine as long as it is not overstocked. Figure 5-6" will be a more common size. They will grow fast to around 4-5" then slow down from there.

Interesting. Thank you. :)

I have had these cats (2) for three years now. I started them out in a 10 gal then moved to a 25. They grew up to 4" and have stayed there now. They are in a 55 now, so maybe they will get a little bigger. So tank size to begin with is not an issue to begin with. They do like the room to swim in, but stay pretty much hidden until night time, that's when they are most active and looking for food. If I could sell them I probably would as I have outgrown them as an Aquarium fish, As I said, they are for the most part an inactive fish, and I prefer a more active swimmer in my tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom