Strong enough tote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will this work as a small pond for a few fancy goldfish? How long do you guys think something like this would last? Thanks for the input! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443918131.343556.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really think as you fill it and the water level gets higher it would bow and may not last ling. Have you considered a live stock watering tank? Or a preformed pond insert?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm looking for something that isn't very big. Last night I bought the tote and some cinder blocks so that it won't bow :) fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They make stock tanks that size.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

With reinforcement it should be okay. Some 2x4s around the top edge will hold nicely.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got my fish too! I'm thinking fish in cycling...? There's only one baby black Moore in there since it's not cycled. I added filter media from my other tank so fingers crossed that bacteria spreads. One concern I have is that there are a million tiny bubbles on the walls of the tank....nitrites maybe? I have lily lads in there but it's not helping. Also when the fish stops moving it starts to sink? Never noticed this on my other fish is that normal for fancies? It has a birth defect where it's a single tailed black Moore so maybe that's why....?

The media from the existing filter should help.
Nitrites should not be in gas form. Most likely if the container was recently filled, any dissolved gasses are degassing and appearing on the sides of the container.
Can't provide answers on the fish behavior though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One concern I have is that there are a million tiny bubbles on the walls of the tank....nitrites maybe?

Sounds pretty normal for a plastic tote that doesn't have a nice biofilm on the edges. I'd you rub them they'll go away and won't come back. Poetically just gases clinging as they come out of the water, just like bubbles on the inside of a glass of soda since there are lots of places to cling to on the surface of the tote.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom