Stupid plant question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
How does ur plants reproduce? I know people trim them and then sell them. So do they cut off a stem and plant the stem or something? Aha sorry I just have no clue!

How does ur plants reproduce? I know people trim them and then sell them. So do they cut off a stem and plant the stem or something? Aha sorry I just have no clue!

It depends on the plants. Crypts swords and valisneria send off runners (baby plants). For anubias you can cut the rhizome in half or three etc. Stem plants like ludwigia you can simply cut the stem and replant.

It depends on the plants. Crypts swords and valisneria send off runners (baby plants). For anubias you can cut the rhizome in half or three etc. Stem plants like ludwigia you can simply cut the stem and replant.

I would add something, but this pretty much covers it.

Yup, I have dwarf sag, vals, and crypts and they all send runners everywhere lol. I sell the plants when I get too much, and then repeat lol. I also have ludwigia and when it grows to the surface I trim it back down and then sell the trimmings, or replant them somewhere else :)

Are there any steps that one should take to promote said runners? Changing light cycles, etc? I have crypts, and some pretty nice looking anubias nanas. Also, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Back
Top Bottom