Submersible light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorbait101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 90 gallon freshwater aquarium and how it is set up, I can't have a hood light style light. This was find with my freshwater set up because I used 2 12" amazon submersible suction cup lights and was even able to grow plenty of plants. Now I that I am thinking about moving my saltwater tank to this 90 gallon, I wanted to make sure I had enough light to grow the few pieces of coral that I have. I don't have anything special and don't plan on having anything that requires a lot of light like hard corals. I only have a mushroom coral and green star coral. Would those two 12"suction cup lights be enough or does anyone know of a strong submersible light.

Do you have the output and K rating for this kind of light? I know there are a brand of light that goes inside the tank, can't recall the name atm.

I doubt it plus they're going to grow coraline algae and other types of algae on them making them duller as well. They'd need pretty thorough cleaning. Do you know the brand or wattage of the lights?

Back
Top Bottom