substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crittercaller

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever used the substrate aquariumplants.com sells? I was wondering, thinking of buying their five gallon bucket for my 75 gallon tank. I think it runs $64.99 free shipping, any info would be greatly appreciated.

I use black diamond blasting sand but I don't have any plants so Idk how it would do with them.

I have used flourite but it seemed to break down and want to try something new

Crittercaller said:
I have used flourite but it seemed to break down and want to try something new

Does the sand have alot to do with the growing or do u have to add fertilizer to it?

Crittercaller said:
I think I would have to use root tabs with it

Well the sand im using is only 7 bucks for a 50 lb bag. You can get it at tractor supply. They have 3 different sizes. Youtube it to see if u like it.

I do have a question I have two marineland 400 biowheels that I will be using will the bacterial colony that builds on the wheels help in cycling?

Crittercaller said:
I do have a question I have two marineland 400 biowheels that I will be using will the bacterial colony that builds on the wheels help in cycling?

It sure will.

Do I still cycle it the way the thread says, I am planning on doing it planted I have never fish cycled

Yes u still have to build bacteria up on the bio wheels too. The plants love a cycling tank.

Back
Top Bottom