Suddenly lost a Cory- ideas why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
I purchased six Pygmy cories Saturday evening, acclimated them to my ten, and out them in. They were eating this morning but now one has suddenly become lethargic and died. The tank is at 72 with 0, 0, ~10 params. Tank mates are guppy fry and some RCS. The tank is gravel with a large rock and some plastic plants the cories like to sleep on, along with a sponge filter and a small bubbler. This Cory was a bit smaller and colors a bit paler from the beginning but seemed okay. All other cories are swimming and eating well. Please help me- is it just stress or some disease? I don't want to lose all my cories!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Sometimes the pygmy corys just don't make it. I've lost entire groups (purchased at the same time) my original troop of 6 lost one and the remaining 5 are still going strong! Almost 2 years later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's unfortunate, especially because according to my LFS it's the only time they plan on stocking them and they were only $2.98. But I do love the little buggers.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I always had bad luck with Pygmy Cories they died off super fast. Here we have really hard water so I used driftwood and RODI water for my tank and it didn't help.

Took the last 2 back to the fish store.

Back
Top Bottom