suggested foods for community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ive got
betta,white clouds, zebra danios, cories

what would be the best food to feed them all, cause it would be hard to specifically feed 1 type of fish. so id need a general food that would work for all of them. right now im feeding some {mod edit} flake food that i really feel bad about feeding them.:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem i can see is that the fish feed at different levels of the tank. flake food is fine for the top and mid feeders. but for the corys you may need some kind of sinking pellets.

i have read some good reports on new life spectrum, omega one, and hikari.

the problem i can see is that the fish feed at different levels of the tank. flake food is fine for the top and mid feeders. but for the corys you may need some kind of sinking pellets.

i have read some good reports on new life spectrum, omega one, and hikari.

+1

I use TetraColor flake for the swimming fish, and (pardon my french), my Panda Cories & Kuhli loaches go ape-sh!t for the Hikari sinking tabs & occasional shrimp pellets.

It just so happens I have all those fish in my tank plus some neon and albino neon tetras. I feed them micro pellets.

In one corner, I'll drop some of them in the water for my white clouds and betta, because they like to feed on the surface. Then quickly in the other corner, with a flick of the wrist, I'll throw some in the water and they'll sink right away. Then the danios and tetras will chase the pellets as they sink, any that they miss will be cleaned up by the cories.

I do it that way, otherwise the danios will eat all the food.

Back
Top Bottom