Suggestions and advice please !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always wondered why not real rock ?'??

Weight
Stacking real rocks this high isn't safe
Creates more room for the fish
Rocks always shift some or a lot, with fake it doesn't move

I do have some real rocks in there but what's up on the back glass is fake. And it adds more depth without taking up a ton of room. Plus you can build it to make it look more natural than what you can do with real.

Now how do you do thy I tried and I couldn't at all

Now how do you do thy I tried and I couldn't at all

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/3d-freshwater-aquarium-backgrounds/

I went and took a picture for you

this photo shows you two things that I love about it. One its only like 3" think maybe 2.5" so if I used real rock it would be 6-8" in order for them to be stacked high enough and give each one enough support so they wouldn't fall.

The second thing is I can hide all equipment so you can't see it. I hate seeing filter tubes, heaters, overflows and power heads or whatever else you can think of. Plus the fish can still go back there so it doesn't cut down on space a lot.

ForumRunner_20121213_135515.jpg

I love that pic shows alot but now are actual caves the fish use or just passageways ?!?

I love that pic shows alot but now are actual caves the fish use or just passageways ?!?

Both some go in and that's all and some they can go in one and come out the other. I don't strip or take out any of my fry and I never see them till they are an inch big. They stay in there so they don't get ate lol they are smart little ones

No way it doesn't look like there is any that is soo cool !!!! Omg if you do another one you should do pictures. On steps and showing all that you do !!! And now I'm jealous !!! Is that the only Tank you have ?!

I have a 10 that's nothing special and the planted 29 gallon that's my fuge on this tank and a pond. Been thinking of building a paludarium

Really I wish I lived closer I'd help ya haha !! How bout we do this you and me change our tanks after the holidays and things slow down come back and well exchange and show ha and if we lived closer I'd purpose we go into buisness together doing fish tanks you can do 3d backgrounds and I could do the real thing !!!!! Hahaha

Really I wish I lived closer I'd help ya haha !! How bout we do this you and me change our tanks after the holidays and things slow down come back and well exchange and show ha and if we lived closer I'd purpose we go into buisness together doing fish tanks you can do 3d backgrounds and I could do the real thing !!!!! Hahaha

Lol I have thought about taking orders and building them and shiping them out but I'm not sure I could dig up enough time to do it

That's true i started doing tanks around here !! I did two different ppls!!! So what is your ideal stock list with ratio if you change things ?!?

Yeah I've told you before but I'm excited now ESP since I got the ok from you ( someone I trust )

Mines gonna be
2 yellow labs
2 acei yellow tail
2 socolofi
2 SRT Hongi ( need to get a female)
3 red zebra
3 white top Afra ( need to get, want wild caught haha )
Keep the red empress pair and Frontosa till they get too big !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom