Suggestions and advice please !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 75 gallon fish tank and slightly overstocked!
2 yellow labs
3 red zebras
1 SRT Hongi
2 yellow tail acei
2 socolofi
1 ruby red peacock
2 blue dolphin
2 red empress
2 lethrinops intermedius
1 Frontosa

Now first of I know I've been told that my ratio should be changed from many people but I've had my fish tank running with this stock for almost 2 years now and no problems!! But I'm open to suggestions and comments still because I'm always up for learning something new!! But my questions are I have two HOB marineland 350 bio-wheel and think I want to put a canister filter just to have extra extra over-filteration!! So what filter do you think I should add and any advice for them would be greatly appreciated!!!! Second do you think it would be ok to add a trio of 1 male 2 females Gallerya reef white top Cynotilapia Afra would it be ok or no?? Please any adive would be greatly appreciated !!!

I have a fluval 406 and absolutely love it. Super quiet and you can customize the media baskets to suit your needs.

Yeah you have a 75 gallon as well ?? And what do you think of the stock list ??

I have a 90. I run the fluval 406, a hob aqueon filter and two whisper 10-30i internal filters. I am not familiar enough with your stock to comment on it though. I have 10 African Cichilids and a large Featherfin catfish in mine.

Yeah you have a 75 gallon as well ?? And what do you think of the stock list ??

Haven't seen you in a long time :)
I think your probably the best person to answer your own question because I can only tell you what you already know. Like your fully overstocked. The one your asking about for sure can go with the others but its up to you if you can handle or the tanks water quality can handle more stock. :)

Been so busy with school I start applying for vet schools soo ohh man haha!! But how the hell you been !! And thanks again for the compliment but I think u can teach me a few things !!! But if I get the 3rd filter (canister ) than my water would be fine right to add the trio right ??

I've been good started working nights so I can take and pick up the kids from school. Haha but I get more time to play around on here now :)

Your filters now may be able to take the hit of adding new ones bacteria wise. It just means possibly more water changes. I would have to recommend not adding anymore for 1 you don't know how the others or the tank itself will react. For 2 even some of those ones that you have that will grow to be almost monsters should be in a 6' tank. I would look to do an upgrade if it was me or add them and plan on an upgrade within a year.

Ok well I understand the Haps they get bigger and shouldn't be in my tank but the biggest one if only 5 ins now I do plan to get a bigger tank at some point within the year !!! So don't add anymore fish at all even of I put another filter !?!?

I wouldn't it may create a chaos with the others. I'd wait till the upgrade in all honest. Then move them and the new ones over all at once. Let's see a picture of that thing, does it still look the same?

Nope gaha here's a picture I want to re do it again ha

Here it is

Attachments

• image-3513902079.jpg
    image-3513902079.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1533142001.jpg
    image-1533142001.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 83
Here's the new idea I'm going to get rid if the lethrinops pair, the blue dolphin pair, and keep the frontosa and red empress pair and all the Mbuna you think it'll be ok than ???

A good canister filter is a fluval fx5. Its a bit pricey but worth every penny IMO. The smaller fluval models like the 306 or 406 are also excellent filters but the fx5 is the big daddy. As for adding more fish i would wait and upgrade the tank first. It all up to you though. Good luck to you with whatever route yiu take!

Thanks soo much !!!! Everyone and thank you for your comment!!

Andrew: lmao soo u know you want to be on here more than work hahaha jkjkjk and I'm going to do that I am going to get rid of the lethrinops and blue dolphin moori and add the trio of cynotilphia Afra white top !!! And im going to get a canister to add to my tank You approve !?!?!?

Thanks soo much !!!! Everyone and thank you for your comment!!

Andrew: lmao soo u know you want to be on here more than work hahaha jkjkjk and I'm going to do that I am going to get rid of the lethrinops and blue dolphin moori and add the trio of cynotilphia Afra white top !!! And im going to get a canister to add to my tank You approve !?!?!?

Sounds good the afra are better looking anyways

That's what I'm thinking but I'm about to re-hardscape !! I got a few new ideas I really wana do !! But which do u like better the way I have it now or any of my old ways if you remember them at all ??

Back
Top Bottom