Suggestions for 20g long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, as some of you may know recently my 20g had an over night out brake of pop eye, fin rot, and fungus. One day the fish were fine and the next morning half of them were dead and still more to come. Well i am in the process of cleaning out the tank and "restarting" it. I wanted to know if my stocking idea would be ok-

A pair of apistogramma agassizii, 9 harlequin rasboras, 5-6 juli corys, 3-4 oto cats, i would be doing 25% weekly wc and am going to heavily plant this tank. Thanks

I know nothing about the aggasizii, but the rest of it I see no problem with. Instead of the rasboras, a school of beckford's pencilfish would be nice. I just got a school and I love mine. So curious and funny. Nothing wrong with the rasboras. Just trying to give you some ideas. Very sorry about what happened by the way.

Wow that's horrible. Any idea what caused it? Sorry for off-topic reply, but that must have been a shock for you.

No idea, just woke up and 3 neons dead, and everyone else laying on their sides in a corner. Yeah it was, lost my favorite fish and my 2nd favorite is on his way in a bucket with an airstone

I know nothing about the aggasizii, but the rest of it I see no problem with. Instead of the rasboras, a school of beckford's pencilfish would be nice. I just got a school and I love mine. So curious and funny. Nothing wrong with the rasboras. Just trying to give you some ideas. Very sorry about what happened by the way.

Thanks, i will look into those how big do they get?

Thanks, i will look into those how big do they get?
No more than an inch and a half to two inches. Low bioload and love a planted tank. Very under appreciated in the hobby. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• image-3250015028.jpg
    image-3250015028.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 48
No more than an inch and a half to two inches. Low bioload and love a planted tank. Very under appreciated in the hobby. Here's a picture.

I will try and find them at the lfs, like the color and pattern! How much do they go for?

I think I got mine for like 1.99$ a piece. They're also known as golden pencilfish if that helps.

Mine just get normal flakes. I just crush up a pinch in between my fingers. I don't think it matters because I always see mine carrying around a huge flake. Haha.

Mine just get normal flakes. I just crush up a pinch in between my fingers. I don't think it matters because I always see mine carrying around a huge flake. Haha.

Haha my neons used to do that, they would grab a giant flake about 2 times their size and swim off and eat it by them selfs

Could i up the otos to 4-5? They stay really small and have barely and bioload. In what order should i add the fish? Im thinking corys,beckfords pencil fish, otos, and the apistos. Like 2 week intervals on every new fish or school

Back
Top Bottom