Suggestions for a 20L Species Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-JD-

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just picked up a 20 gallon long at the Petco $1/gallon sale, and I’m thinking about doing a species tank, and maybe try my hand at raising a few little ones. I kind of like Endlers, but I have soft water that would be much more suitable for egg-layers. Basically, I’m looking for something a little "different", but still relatively easy to breed. Any suggestions?

Kribs would be a good fish to try, they are pretty and breed fairly regularly. I had a pair of butterfly cichlids raise several broods in a 20 long. You can do some reading and research and try breeding a tetra species as well. Apistos are another possibility.

Microrasboras? Celestial pearl danios? Badis badis? There's many. I currently only keep 10 glowlights and 5 otos in my 17 gal. (there's like 2 neons and a wcmm there but they'll be out soon). You could try various dwarf cichlids such as shell dwellers, kribs, gbrs, appistos. There are plenty of choices out there. I'm personally getting ready to set up a shelldweller tank.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! The dwarf cichlids have really piqued my interest. Kribs and Apistos particularly. Any major pros/cons about either one?

Back
Top Bottom