suggestions for positioning floating plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bytal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep floating plants to stay in position without constantly getting pulled into the output from the hang on back filter. This keeps throwing the plants againt the front glass where they get carried down and get stuck in my java moss and I am constantly picking them out.

I was thinking of maybe hanging a mesh just about the surface to snag the leaves just enough to keep them in place. Does anyone have any better ideas?

How big of leaves do you have floating? With the stuff I have, I just hook one part around the top of the heater.

I made a surface barrier out of a piece of foam like a pool noodle that is used for insulating hotwater pipe. I placed it so that it prevents floating plants from drifting over some java fern and crypts. It's the depth of the tank (12''?) (front to back) about an inch wide and an inch tall so most of it is hidden behind the plastic collar. All the floating stuff stays on the side opposite the intake/return, but the return current still pushes a circulation.

The only hitch is some anacharis that rises and falls with photoactivity.

Back
Top Bottom