Sump/overflow advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaMason

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a pump the I got with my 125 gallon tank. I'm trying to figure out how I can construct an overflow that could be used in a setup that will work over the back because I cannot drill this tank. Also for freshwater how many gallons does my sump need to be. Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

What are you planning to do with the sump, since it is a freshwater setup? For FW, it can be as big or small as you like, depending on what you want to accomplish... obviously the bigger the volume of the sump, the more stable your water will inherently be in the whole system, so imo go as big as you can fit.

For a DIY overflow box, just do a google search for DIY Overflow. There are lots and lots of plans, threads, and videos out there about it. Alternatively, you could just purchase a premade overflow box if you don't feel comfortable trying to build one.

I decided to go with an all PVC overflow that I think will most likely get the trick done. Thanks the advice

Great! Did you build it yourself or buy one off the shelf? If you built it post some pics of it!

Haha I made one too man Haha that's awesome. You can see it on my YouTube at FOB101ful

Ya it like will be fast the it will show down when u get it started and I finally found the sweet spot

I have to wait to set it up tho because I would have to drain my tank and I don't want to stress the fish too much. And I think I might just turn the tank saltwater when I do drain it.

Yeah I think I might just let it run for a month or so with just the base rock then start adding live stuff

Well add your live rock and ur base rock at the same time then like 2 weeks later add some snails and stuff then after about 2 weeks of that start adding your fish

Back
Top Bottom