Sump Problem, HELP ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So should I take out this divider I have air bibbles going into my main system

The one on far left

Attachments

• image-512825702.jpg
    image-512825702.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 112
no, that divider should be minimizing the bubbles. That is a bubble trap. You could put some filter floss or something in there to assist it...but I would assume that there is another reason for the micro bubbles. I use panty hose on all of my return lines to reduce noise, remove bubbles, and also act as a cheap and easily replaced filter.

Well the water is doing this and sorry my pic it's bad but the water doesn't just go down it like goes fast and hits the pump and splashes making huge bubbles

Attachments

• image-1256513056.jpg
    image-1256513056.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 136
Sounds like your return side is to small. You cut the last baffle to 3" and that would allow more water in or remove last baffle and put a sponge or floss between the baffles up top.imo the third baffle in most sumps can be 3" to allow more return water and does the same as a 8" baffle directs bubble to surface.

Right I might keep if and just put something like this on sorry bad pics

Attachments

• image-4061910914.jpg
    image-4061910914.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2351717880.jpg
    image-2351717880.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 90
That's what I wanted I dident know what it was called or where to get it so I made my own

if you can widen the space between the panels in the bubble trap it should ease the speed at which the water has to flow through and may eliminate your issues, you could also try resecuring the last panel at an angle so the water flows down it like a ramp

Back
Top Bottom