Super hardy fish wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gourami could be an option. They're adapted for living in less than perfect water and don't have the long fins of the betta to get fin rot. Make sure you keep it to only one male though, there's not enough room there for multiple territories.

The way I get my hardy guppies, is go to the fish store, look for a pregnant female, buy her let her give birth in a breeder bet and raise the fry. (The female almost always dies though :(.)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You mentioned algae, get her a timer and do a split photo period so they can see the fish in the am and pm or whatever works with their schedule.

Ive had bad. Luck with gourami recently, some unknown disease.
Ive found gold barbs to be very hardy and colorful.
Or if she plans on skipping cleaning the tank, go with a mudskipper or weather loach :lol:

:) I've got to ask her about the pwc schedule on the tank. Will be a great excuse to visit some differant fish shops.

Sooo, bit of an update :)

The tank was a mess. It looked like algae (BBA?) had grown on the water surface and then died and was growing white mold (or an alien).

Cleaned tank twice but left filter alone. Filter was a terrible hob with only sponge so added some bio-media.

Val and a sword (or crypt) looked ok but had element deficiency on lower leaves.

Added 8 small halequin rasbora. Ammonia was still 0 just before I flew out and ph was 7.2 so was looking good. Unfortunately the hob filter also died so swapped media over to a small QT hob filter she had. Lucky I didn't get lots of fish and try rushing it.

Thinking of getting hob ordered for them or doing some research anyways.

Also added a timer to the lights and split the period into 4 hours at night and 3 in the morning. Tank is in a fairly open room so hopefully a good start. Also picked up api leaf zone. Previously the light was getting left on all hours or left off all hours so this will get some consistency. Fingers crossed and more fun than say, cleaning mold off the shed roof with a pressure cleaner....

Back
Top Bottom