Super Rams!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamCichlidLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday my house lost its power and I had just got two female rams for my birthday. While I was at school the temperature in my tank dropped from 85 to 75. My brother hooked up the generator and my dad took my brother, my sister, and I to my grandma's house. I didn't want to go because I need to get my tank under control, but my dad wouldn't let me stay. My mom and older sister stayed home to put more fuel in the generator. We stayed overnight at my grandma's house and left early the next day to get ti school on time. When i got home the filters and heater was off and the tank was in the sixties... It was too dark to see into my tank so I couldn't do a headcount. When I came home from school I found that the electrician had been there while I was gone and the power was back on. I looked in my tank to see all seven of my fish alive and happy including my rams. Altogether my rams survived a temperature swing from 85-75-80-65-85 if that isn't amazing I don't know what is. But... I have yet to see how they will do for the next week or so.

Glad to here that they are well. Fish are often more resilient than we give them credit for, especially when temporary temp fluctuations are considered.

I have not said anything for a long time but they are very healthy and I have some pictures I can show you.

This shows how much they like to come to the front when I'm by the tank.

image-1875325558.jpg

The next two are the clearest pictures I could get.

image-1978001318.jpg

image-1049376750.jpg

The last two are the only pictures I could get with both of them in it that are not blurry.

image-891451401.jpg

image-1050943297.jpg

Glad to hear they are doing well! Keep up the good work. They look young, your tetra is almost as big as your female! LOL

They look really great! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad to hear they are still doing well after their incident. :)

Back
Top Bottom