Super white albino Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So last night I noticed one of my Albino Cory Cats had turned super white. Normally it is sort of pinkish. It seems to be swimming fine and ate fine this morning when I put an algae tab in. I had missed my weekly water change last week due to busyness and being sick so I did one today. Before I did I tested the water and ammonia was 0 nitrites were 0 but nitrates were about 30 which for me is pretty high so I did about a 75% water change. Anyone ever see a Cory cat turn pale like this?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394570375.755986.jpg

You can see that it's the one farther back compared to the normal one closer to the foreground.

Your Corydoras

So last night I noticed one of my Albino Cory Cats had turned super white. Normally it is sort of pinkish. It seems to be swimming fine and ate fine this morning when I put an algae tab in. I had missed my weekly water change last week due to busyness and being sick so I did one today. Before I did I tested the water and ammonia was 0 nitrites were 0 but nitrates were about 30 which for me is pretty high so I did about a 75% water change. Anyone ever see a Cory cat turn pale like this?

View attachment 227292

You can see that it's the one farther back compared to the normal one closer to the foreground.

Hello Ran...

Don't fret. The Cory looks fine. It's very doubtful that nitrates at 30 ppm for a short period would harm the fish. Foods can cause subtle changes in color. Just keep the water pure with large, frequent water changes and add a bit of minced garlic to your Corys' diet. It's very high vitamin and has natural antibiotic properties. My Corys love it.

B

Interesting about the garlic. Do I need to cook it at all or just plop some fresh raw garlic right in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom