Surprise! Angelfish Eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelWings

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wohoo! Just last night I wondered about my angelfishes odd behavior, two of them pecking a a leaf together. It looked like pre-spawning behavior, but until now I had been pretty sure they were both male.

Surprise! Sampson is a girl and laid eggs. Then the smallest little male in the aquarium went behind and fertilized them. :) They abandoned the leaf and used the wall of the tank for spawning. Now they are fiercely guarding the eggs and it looks like they are "blowing" water over the eggs.

Too darn cute! I just wanted to share my exciting news. :)

Here are the proud mamma and poppa!

Attachments

• proud momma samson.jpg
    proud momma samson.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 113
  • stripey.jpg
    stripey.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 99
awww im sory those are beautiful angels. i just put 2 separate batches of eggs in 2- 10 gallon tanks to hatch and yesterday one batch hatched and the other one should hatch tomorrow im so excited.

Very cool Bob. You'll have to post pics of the babies. I love watching fry! I have a hundred or so red wag platy fry growing out in a 10gal right now and I could watch them all day!

Do your angels ever lay eggs on the glass? Is there any way to remove them without damaging the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom