Surprise snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicafennen

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased lucky bamboo from the pet store and didn't notice that this little guy tagged along. Does anyone know what he is? Also it looks like he has an injury on his shell, any advice on how to help him out? Never had a snail before. Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401321146.956394.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401321162.229654.jpg

He's in a tall 20 with 4 female Platy, 3 female guppies, and 4 Julii Corydoras.

Looks like a nerite snail nice freebie! Add some Cuttlebone to your tank it should help with its shell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your Snail

I purchased lucky bamboo from the pet store and didn't notice that this little guy tagged along. Does anyone know what he is? Also it looks like he has an injury on his shell, any advice on how to help him out? Never had a snail before. Thanks! View attachment 238681View attachment 238682

He's in a tall 20 with 4 female Platy, 3 female guppies, and 4 Julii Corydoras.

Hello jess...

Likely a Ramshorn snail. They attach to most aquatic plants during shipping to the store. Not that bamboo is an aquatic plant. Though, it will grow pretty well in an aquarium if the leaves are kept above water.

Keep the tank water pure with large, frequent water changes and your tank inhabitants with stay healthy.

B

Thank you all so much! I can't find him today, but he or she has certainly moved between last night and today. Is that normal? I read they're more active at night

Yep nothing to worry about, mine can get days were they are really active and then can become idle. Perfectly normal :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom