Swapping out power filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

splitbux

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
newly cycled 10g tank and it came with a crappy aquatech 5-15 that i want to replace with a aqua clear 40g power filter since they are so cheap. i also plan on getting a bigger tank one day. My question is how do i go about swapping filters without screwing with the bio bacteria and not making my tank cycle again. Should i have both filters running at same time for a while?

splitbux said:
newly cycled 10g tank and it came with a crappy aquatech 5-15 that i want to replace with a aqua clear 40g power filter since they are so cheap. i also plan on getting a bigger tank one day. My question is how do i go about swapping filters without screwing with the bio bacteria and not making my tank cycle again. Should i have both filters running at same time for a while?

Thats one way to do it i have the same aquatech you do and i also am gunna move up to an aquaclear lol just not at the moment you could run the old media in the new one with the new media anybody could correct me if im wrong

oh yea i will try that i wonder if the filter media will fit in the aquaclear

splitbux said:
oh yea i will try that i wonder if the filter media will fit in the aquaclear

It might always worth a try if it dosent you could just run both for awhile until the new one is ready

Back
Top Bottom