Sweet new tank- pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
My fish were growing and looking cramped in my 30 long, plus that tank was all scratched anyway. I upgraded them this evening to a 45 gallon tank, 3' by 1' by 2'! 8) It's still a little cloudy and needs a black background, but you get the idea. Having a 2 foot tall tank really looks huge in comparison to the 30 long! The fish look really happy and they have a lot more space, and the beauty part is that I didn't have to upgrade the stand. Without further ado........ pics!
img_717116_0_f055a7cfb363bf225aaa991ebb51baf1.jpg

img_717116_1_06ae4961251ca95089403e2a9268e760.jpg

I upgraded the lighting a couple weeks ago to the AGA twin tube strip. Not the greatest, but all you need for java fern and anubias in a tall tank IMO. Got that killer piece of driftwood a while back too. Residents are 2 parrot cichlids, one female convict, a rainbow shark, and 3 yo yo loaches. I'll be using the 30 long as a sump for my SW setup sometime down the road. :D

What do you guys think?

Well, who could do without a bedroom tank? :wink:

The 55 gallon will also be moving in there in the upcoming months to make room in the living room for my 90 gallon reef... you know, the one I don't have yet. :lol:

Thanks for the compliments guys.

now that IS a sweet tank!
are those two monstrous parrots that i'm looking at?

triazole, I wouldn't call them monstrous but they do have some bulk on them. They were my first cichlids and the bigger one has been with me for about 4 years now. I grew him out from a 2 inch juvie. The slightly smaller one has been with me for about 3 and 1/2 years. The bigger one is probably 5 to 6 inches now, and the other is slightly smaller. Both were purchased as gray juvies so I am positive they are not dyed- yay! They will both eat out of my hand.

There are pics in my gallery from a while back. :)

looks like my 56 gallon column only thats 18 inches deep. I love the extra height in the tank. You can walk up to the tank and look straight in with out bending over... i love this idea of higher tanks... congrats!

SM, those are the biggest parrots i've seen. i've heard they can grow large, but actually never seen a large one in person. kudos for keeping them healthy for so long.

Back
Top Bottom