Swimming Mushrooms???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a rock with about 20 blue mushrooms on it a few months ago and everything looks great. They are growing and getting bigger. However, I am finding blue mushrooms that are fairly large on the other side ot the tank. Do mushrooms ever "let go" and float away to spread the colony? I am hoping something is not wrong with them. I am taking some of the floaters and moving to my fuge to attach them to small peices of rock to replace back up top later on. TIA for any advice.

Yes, I have had mushrooms release and float all over my tank. I have heard of people taking glue and attatching them where they prefer but I let mine pick their own place and start new colonies :)

I'm curious why they do this as well... none of mine died off they just moved... maybe they felt crowded?

Kimberly

Fluff said:
I've had them detach as well. I think it's just what they do to spread.
One of the reasons some refer to them as tank roach's.

Cheers
Steve

The first sign of having a superb tank is mushrooms multiplying and floating all over the place. Also polyps spreading like a fungus. I would try to sell them back to a LFS if they are doing that well.

I use a tooth pic through them and stick it in a hole in the LR to get them to stay in a new area when they detach. After a while you get tired of chasing them around and you just let them stay where they land. I trade with other local reefers for frags...

Back
Top Bottom