Switched Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have any type of fish that helps stir the substrate? Loaches, snails, etc? I am just curious how often I should be stirring it. I am going to get some kuhli loaches today, the LFS should have them in stock today! Do they do a good job of stirring?

Thanks in advance!

I have snails but they are small ones im going to get rid of when i switch from sand to gravel. My tank has Piranhas in it. I jsut take the handle of my net and move it through the sand for a few mins trying to make sure i get it all. Also if/when you do this turn your filter off for the duration and about an hour or two afterwards.

Hey I didn't say anything about women and their decorating... LOL. :) AMDPhenomX4 might want to lay low for a bit... haha! I know better than that! I just convinced her the fishies would like a more natural habitat!

lol. Natural habitat, hey maybe they were lsd junkies? That would have been there Al-natural habitat then, didn't think of that did ya lol

speaking of this thread. All this sand talk makes me want to kick myself in the rear for not wanting to look into it before buying all NEW gravel. Ah, O well. More work and I have a 5 week old, those two don't mix.
Im surprised I dont :sleeping: while I am cleaning the tank...eh.

Back
Top Bottom