Tadpole Set Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

froggygirl37

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have what I believe to be a bull frog tadpole. He is currently in a fully aquatic ten gallon set up, 28 degrees, with a filter and air pump. He has full back legs, and is starting to grow little stumps where his arms will be. He still has a huge tail.

I was wondering if any body knows when I should change his set up? When Should I change him to a semi-aquatic set up, or should I just have a small island for him to come out when he's ready at first? Thanks!

When I had mine I kept it full aquatic because I had albino frogs too so the longer you hold off won't hurt anything

I've raised tadpoles before, and when they popped their back legs out, I put an island on one side of the tank for them. You can wait longer if you want, but this is just my opinion.

I had mine in a ten gallon but I would recommend bigger or make sure you have a really good filter . If not it will start to stink . I would go with an under gravel filter and a submer filter. Just my opinion tho.

When I raided mine, I think that they were in a 20 gallon. Could've been a 29, but I think 20. There were over 200 baby frogs- so cute !

Raised ^^

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I raided mine, I think that they were in a 20 gallon. Could've been a 29, but I think 20. There were over 200 baby frogs- so cute !

That's so cute! I just have one guy, came in by accident with the goldfish order at work

Disco night in the frog tank. And its hoppin.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom