Taking the plunge on BioCube 14 build adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it though? It was like yesterday when she was starting out and now she' gone and made her tank awesome...I wish my cube looked like hers!! LOL

carey said:
Isn't it though? It was like yesterday when she was starting out and now she' gone and made her tank awesome...I wish my cube looked like hers!! LOL

She's a very bright girl who really listens to advice given by others,.,I for one am kinda proud of her,...she's doing great!!!!!!

carey said:

Dary421 said:
She's a very bright girl who really listens to advice given by others,.,I for one am kinda proud of her,...she's doing great!!!!!!

Thank you, guys! You're making me blush! But it's soooooo good to hear it from you. I definitely got my inspiration from you! :)

Dary, you know your tank is awesome!

And Carey, your cube is the coolest! You have a scooter AND a mandarin in there!

LOL, for now anyways. I may be moving Mandy into the 125g soon if she doesnt start eating more prepared foods. :-( I'm just too impatient lol

1Vampiregirl said:
Thank you, guys! You're making me blush! But it's soooooo good to hear it from you. I definitely got my inspiration from you! :)

Dary, you know your tank is awesome!

And Carey, your cube is the coolest! You have a scooter AND a mandarin in there!

....there's no need to thank us,...you've done all the work,...we're just the applause for a job well done. :- )

VG ,....today at an out of the way lfs ,..I saw the most beautiful hairy lavender mushroom encrusted rock that I had ever seen,....I remember you telling me that you really liked them and that someday you'd like to get some for your tank,....well, now I know why,...now,I'm thinking that if I moved that rock over there and that coral back there I just might be able to squeeze it in my tank,.....hmmmmm....gotta think on this one.

Dary421 said:
VG ,....today at an out of the way lfs ,..I saw the most beautiful hairy lavender mushroom encrusted rock that I had ever seen,....I remember you telling me that you really liked them and that someday you'd like to get some for your tank,....well, now I know why,...now,I'm thinking that if I moved that rock over there and that coral back there I just might be able to squeeze it in my tank,.....hmmmmm....gotta think on this one.

Dary, don't think - get it before somebody else does! ;) I can already see it in your tank!

1Vampiregirl said:
Dary, don't think - get it before somebody else does! ;) I can already see it in your tank!

Vg ,..Not that easy ,...in my other post you'll see that I just got my LED lights up and working so I'm kinda hesitant about getting such a large mushroom colony right now until I let everything acclimate to this system to see how they behave,...I've seen some other lavender colonies before but this particular one is simply awesome,...we'll see as time goes by,..but for now I've gotta turn my back and pretend that I didn't see them. :-(

That's too bad! I know how hard it is since that's exactly what I've been doing and will keep doing for I don't know how long. :(

But hey, looks like your tank is enjoying the new lights, that's great. I'm happy for you!

It's not easy for me to walk away from such a beautiful colony,....but I just wanna make sure all's well with things in my tank first,...some of my mushrooms are bigger than before under these new lights., :)

Dary421 said:
It's not easy for me to walk away from such a beautiful colony,....but I just wanna make sure all's well with things in my tank first,...some of my mushrooms are bigger than before under these new lights., :)

Oh that's great! The mushrooms I have got a little bigger even under the lights I have; I'm sure with your new lights your shrooms will become absolutely amazing.

Well,..today I drove down to the lfs to once again look at those lavender " vampire mushrooms" ,...yep,...they were still there,....I looked at the large rock that these eight or ten large beautiful hairy mushrooms were attached to,...trying to calculate in my mind where and how they could possibly fit into the only available space in my tank ,... I walked away and thought and thought,..then I came back again and recalculated things again,....then I ........ Made a decision.......

1Vampiregirl said:
Hey!!! What's the decision???

Ok ,..so there I was ,...looking at this " vampire rock" and trying to figure out wether to buy it or not,... So,.needing more time, I walked over to the " frag" section and bought a couple of small monti's to try out,.....then I came back and stood in front of this " vampire rock" and was thinking to myself that I'd probably never see another colony as nice as this one ever again,......(... And the price was very reasonable too ).... so without further ado I ,...... ( to be continued)...

Dary421 said:
Ok ,..so there I was ,...looking at this " vampire rock" and trying to figure out wether to buy it or not,... So,.needing more time, I walked over to the " frag" section and bought a couple of small monti's to try out,.....then I came back and stood in front of this " vampire rock" and was thinking to myself that I'd probably never see another colony as nice as this one ever again,......(... And the price was very reasonable too ).... so without further ado I ,...... ( to be continued)...
.."...... called one of the guys over to talk about the vampire rock ,.. He said they had it for alittle while and that they all too thought it was a great colony of mushrooms,...we started talking about all the different mushrooms that I currently had in my tank ,...some of these vampire mushrooms were 2 1/2inches across or so,.... I was telling him just how good the mushrooms that I have in my tank looked especially since I switched to the new lights,.... He looked at me and said " should I bag'em up ?" ....I said ,.. well I'll probably never see another rock like this so,... (Continued tomorrow)...

Dary421 said:
.."...... called one of the guys over to talk about the vampire rock ,.. He said they had it for alittle while and that they all too thought it was a great colony of mushrooms,...we started talking about all the different mushrooms that I currently had in my tank ,...some of these vampire mushrooms were 2 1/2inches across or so,.... I was telling him just how good the mushrooms that I have in my tank looked especially since I switched to the new lights,.... He looked at me and said " should I bag'em up ?" ....I said ,.. well I'll probably never see another rock like this so,... (Continued tomorrow)...

... ,what the heck,...... do I need anymore mushrooms ?? ,I've got a
Tank full of them now,.... I looked up at the lf guy and said I'd love to get them,...but ,I'm going to have to pass em up for now,.... Somewhat dejectedly I headed for the exit wondering if I had done the right thing or not,..... Sorry VG ,but sometimes ya just gotta say no and walk away.

Dary421 said:
... ,what the heck,...... do I need anymore mushrooms ?? ,I've got a
Tank full of them now,.... I looked up at the lf guy and said I'd love to get them,...but ,I'm going to have to pass em up for now,.... Somewhat dejectedly I headed for the exit wondering if I had done the right thing or not,..... Sorry VG ,but sometimes ya just gotta say no and walk away.

That's too bad :(

Back
Top Bottom