Tang choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 150 gallon and they still fought so I sperated them for two weeks rearranged the rocks and added my blue tang yellow belly sailfin tang and yellow tang at the same time they fought for about a week but they get along like good friends now

I felt terrible once my Yellow Tang killed a friends Blue Tang. I still can't believe it even tho I saw it with my own eyes but it was too late to do anything.

try adding fish at night and all the lights off that lessons the aggression

Good tip hack, I may try the lights out approach.

Is it worth the stress on the fish to put him in my 55g first for a week or two or should I just put him in the big tank?

Try a mirror in the tank also,,,the yellow tang will be soooo much more concerned with another yellow(his own reflection) than the regal...move it around a lot too(every few hours)leave it in for a couple days..It does work..

Also ,,YES absolutely put him in the 55,,its called QTing and i think we would all see a lot less losses if we all did it...
Just imagine what the tang is going through to get to you ,,and he's probably at DD now in something smaller than a 55....after being shipped in a 10in. x 10in. dark box a 55 will be a nice pleasant place for him to gather himself and get food without competition
Good luck and can't wait to see a pic

Try a mirror in the tank also,,,the yellow tang will be soooo much more concerned with another yellow(his own reflection) than the regal...move it around a lot too(every few hours)leave it in for a couple days..It does work..

Also ,,YES absolutely put him in the 55,,its called QTing and i think we would all see a lot less losses if we all did it...
Just imagine what the tang is going through to get to you ,,and he's probably at DD now in something smaller than a 55....after being shipped in a 10in. x 10in. dark box a 55 will be a nice pleasant place for him to gather himself and get food without competition
Good luck and can't wait to see a pic

Thanks for the input! Never thought of a mirror, lol, my yellow is constantly looking at himself in the glass so that might keep him even more occupied.

i just tested the parameters in the 55g and it looks good so if I get him today I will put him in there. I havent qt'd before so I hope all goes well. :)

I tried the mirror and it didn't work I took the yellow tang and my sailfin tang to my local fish store and let them chill for two weeks till the blue yellow belly tang arrived then I brought them all home at the same time and that worked u should try it!

Well put the yellow tang in the 55 for a week and when you buy your other tang intoduce them in at the same time !

I was planning on qt'ing the new blue tang in the 55g so I can't put the yellow in there without throwing both in either the 55g or the 125g. :-(

As fate would have it, the lfs was fresh out of blue tangs today. he is getting some tank raised ones in tomorrow though so I will be returning with one in a few days. :)

I was so close to getting a naso today, but I held back. lol

I did pick up 4 emerald crabs and a fuzzy mushroom for my pico. So all is not lost !

How far is daytona for ya? I grew up in orlando and lived in kissimmee thoughout middle school... of cource then it was all farmland...

I'm about 40 min to orlando and 40 min to daytona. Just went to daytona today in search of the blue tang. lol I like the lfs there better than orlando. :)

Hopefully he will gave one in soon.. I like blue tangs beautiful fish.. the yellow belly one are nice too

Oh, he oredered them for tomorrow. :) I'll let them sit with him for a few days before I pick one up. he is getting tank raised ones, he said theya re really nice. I'll have a choice of 1-2" and 2-3" ones. Still have to decide which size to get. My yellow tang is kinda big already so I'm thinking bigger the better. Just in case there is some hostility. My yellow runs the 125g pretty much so hopefully they can get along.

I have a house in lake mary lol but live in Miami now. What fish stores are there? I got interested in fish after I moved since I live next to the ocean now lolololol

slitherbomb said:
I have a house in lake mary lol but live in Miami now. What fish stores are there? I got interested in fish after I moved since I live next to the ocean now lolololol

Were at in Miami I kno all the good local fish stores!

RICH305 said:
Were at in Miami I kno all the good local fish stores!

I only know 2 good ones. The closest one is Pet Collections Inc, and the other is fishes paradise, but that one is near Hollywood.

Back
Top Bottom