Tanganiykan People!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am turning my 36 bowfront into a a tanganiyka tank and want your opinions. 36 bowfront with a nice scape of lava rock, shells,and sand. pH is about 7.8-8.0 and temp is 80 Fahrenheit. Filter is ac 70 300gph. My stock right know is a dwarf bristlenose (tried angels but I can't keep any new worlds alive in there so I'm here) . Here's what I was thinking pair of altolamprolagus Compressiceps, 4-6 shell dwellers (not sure on the species) 4 leleupi and 4-5 juilidochromis Malaeri. See any problems with this stock?

I'd Take the leleupi out, they are pretty aggressive and absolute spazzes. They also like to raid shell nests.

I'd also bring the marlieri numbers down to a pair, makes are pretty territorial towards conspecifics. Maybe a pair of tanganicodus iriscae (goby cichlid)

I think they're better suited for a species only tank, or in a larger tank sized tang community

Definitely check out the Goby cichlids. My brother just got some really cool eretmodus a little over a month ago. And yeah Brichardi's are gorgeous fish but +1 on a larger tank.

Alright, well I will look up some more information. Turns out its not going to be a true tang tank, I moved my four Altolamprolagus Compressiceps "Sunset", and the five "Malawi Shell Dwellers" I bought at the fish swap a week ago out of my show tank and they are liking it so I'm going to keep them and look for some gobie cichlids or Julidochromis.

Get some pics of the malawi shellies, I've heard of them, but never really seen them, they sound cool!

I’d try adding upgrading the tank to a 55 bc the Julies are probably gonna breed at some point. But other than Tamar the stocking is good

Back
Top Bottom