TangoTank fishless cycle, soooo cloooose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's taking 3 days to process out Ammonia. I'm upping my amount of ammonia to 3ppm. How's it lookin?

7/14 (3 days ago)

PH: 7.4
Temp: 84
Ammonia: was .25ppm (just dosed it to 2ppm)
NitrItes: .25ppm-.5ppm
NitrAtes: 20ppm-40ppm

----------------------
7/15 (2 days ago)

Ammonia: 2ppm (dosed yest to 2ppm)
NitrItes: 1ppm (yest .25ppm-.5ppm)
NitrAtes: 40-80ppm

-------------------
7/17

PH: 7.4
Temp: 84
Ammonia: was .25ppm (dosing it 3ppm now)
NitrItes: **ZERO** ppm
NitrAtes: 80ppm

-----------------
Should I do anything other than redose ammonia?? Think about a PWC soon? THANKS!!

the end looks in site! how did it look today?

pugmom said:
the end looks in site! how did it look today?

NitrItes up a lil to .25ppm, no movement in ammonia but I dosed a lil higher so it may take a bit to notice a diff. I'm getting reaLly excited!! Thks!!

I am just wondering if you are positive the amm is .25 and not actually zero (or just about). Lighting can affect ones perception of green/lack of. If your unsure, compare it to test using distilled water. Otherwise, things are progressing well! :)

jlk said:
I am just wondering if you are positive the amm is .25 and not actually zero (or just about). Lighting can affect ones perception of green/lack of. If your unsure, compare it to test using distilled water. Otherwise, things are progressing well! :)

Ok, I will next time! I'm pretty sure it's green b/c when I first put it in, it's pretty yellow & takes a few mins to turn slightly green. But I'm a check-all-my-boxes or whatev the expression is kinda gal! I think that week I went on va-k really put a stumble in my cycle at a critical time, unfortunately.

And jlk... When I say no budge in ammonia, I mean from 3ppm. It's between 4ppm & 2ppm which is hard to tell. Just to clarify, if maybe you were thinking I was waiting for it to hit zero from .25ppm. And i forgot to say, Thanks for your reply!!

I am just double checking! :) let's see how things look tomorrow- I think you should be back on track pretty quickly!

So yesterday, ammonia was 1ppm & NitrItes 0-.25ppm and today...
Ammonia .25ppm & NitrItes ZERO!!

I'll dose a smidge more to 3.5ppm & see how long it takes! Took 2 days to do 3ppm!! Headin' to an aquarium wonderland tomorrow! WOOHOO!!

image-1125517763.jpg

*UPDATE*

YESTERDAY:
pH: 7.4
Ammonia: 1ppm
NitrItes: ZERO
NitrAtes: 80ppm+

TODAY:
Ammonia: .5ppm
NitrItes: ZERO
NitrAtes: 80ppm+

Did an almost 100% WC & I think I'm gonna go get fish!! I know it's early but I'm not gonna fully stock it. I'm prepared to switch to a fish-in cycle, but I think we'll be good.

Trip to SeaWorld was amazing!!

Here's my daughter...
image-133077517.jpg

Great pics!!! Sounds like you have a good plan- if you hit a snag, dont hesitate to ask for help! Just take your time stocking. Good luck!! :)

yay! what are you getting first??

great pics. There used to be a sea world near me (in ohio randomly) that was open when I was a kid. I have such fond memories and really wish it was still open to take my kids to.

Thks jlk & pugmom!! We got 6 Neon Tetras. I gotta figure out where I'm gonna get Pygmy Corys. Then we're gonna *try* our Betta in there & see how it goes but all that is gonna be awhile.

Our neighbors greeted us in the driveway to meet our newest family members... I think our neighbors were almost excited as we were to finally see fish going into our tank!! Ha ha... We drip acclimated the new guys & they're doing great!! They're hanging out together and a couple of them keep venturing around, in & out of Squidward's house. HA! We've named the littlest guy, Scrappy... his dorsal fin is tattered but he is good at catchin food flakes so I think he's gonna do well. Now, we wanna figure out if we've got boys or girls?? We've got naming to do! :wink:

Here they are drip acclimating & their new tank set up
image-2581824142.jpg. image-898798342.jpg

Sillyfishies said:
How big is that tank? Looks like a 20 tall maybe?

Edit* take that back a 30 tall?

It's a 15. Couldn't imagine tending anything bigger as far as columns go... Oh boy. Never gettin a column again. Can't wait to get a bigger long!! Ha ha...

Sillyfishies said:
It looks way bigger

Thks, Trick photography! Probably just the angle. I bought it brand new so I'm sure it's a 15, no guessin. I wish I had of gotten a bigger tank now. Live 'n learn!

Back
Top Bottom