Tank Cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I am in the middle of doing a fishless cycle in my 46 gallon tank. Its been two and a half, almost three weeks since I put water in it and started the filter. I seeded the tank with bacteria from my 55 gallon tank and took a used filter cartridge from the 55 into the 46's filter.

Last week, my tank tested as follows:
Ammonia: .25
NitrAte: .5
NitrIte: 1.0

I tested just now:
Ammonia: 0
NitrAte: 10
NitrIte: 0

Where in the cycling process do you guys think I am? Im well away from adding fish, and plants will be my next step after the heater and the lights.

The seeded material could have cycled it very fast. It looks like your'e cycled but just to be sure I'd do what Mumma said and keep dosing for a few more days. If nitrite and ammonia stay at 0 then you're all set. :D

Awesome. I wasn't sure if it could be cycled that quickly or not since its only been a couple weeks. Im pretty sure the first fishless cycle I did took like four weeks... But then again, that was the first time I had ever attempted it and I will admit I was not as good about checking the water as often as I should...

Thanks for the answers!

The media made all the difference. I've had tanks cycle in a matter of days just by adding media and stocking a few fish.

Back
Top Bottom