Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep in mind that when you start to see nitrate's that nitrates and sunlight = Large amounts of algae.

If you read a little further back in my thread I already had to re seal it lol. Yeah I plan on sEnding the filter back tomOrrow. Amazon already said they'd send the new one.

Yea I read that last week, I meant re-re-seal it! That would have been devastating.

Yea I read that last week, I meant re-re-seal it! That would have been devastating.

Oh my gosh I know! :eek:.

That's exactly why my heart sank when I noticed the water lol. I was so scared. But all is good. Easy return. Hardest part will be installation again lol.

Oh my gosh I know! :eek:.

That's exactly why my heart sank when I noticed the water lol. I was so scared. But all is good. Easy return. Hardest part will be installation again lol.

Oh wow I freaked out till I read all of it! I would have been mad! I heard those seals leak

Oh wow I freaked out till I read all of it! I would have been mad! I heard those seals leak

Lol yeah I kind of made it dramatic on purpose :p. I wanted you guys to know exactly how I felt. Haha.

Kind of sucks but hopefully everything goes bad before the fish go in!

Lol yeah I kind of made it dramatic on purpose :p. I wanted you guys to know exactly how I felt. Haha.

Kind of sucks but hopefully everything goes bad before the fish go in!

Hopefully! Thats always the plan. In a way?!?! I love the sunlight shot! Its amazing. I was busy today buying a new used car!

Hopefully! Thats always the plan. In a way?!?! I love the sunlight shot! Its amazing. I was busy today buying a new used car!

Ahh I know, I walked by & saw the sun & just had to get a picture. :)

Nice!!! Was it exciting? What'd you end up purchasing?!

When i saw the post about water in the stand my heart skipped a beat and its not even my tank.

Lol, that was semi my intentions. :p.

Ahh! I don't know what I'd do if it really was the tank. I'd be so frustrated...lol

To reseal or not to reseal? I just picked up a 6' 265 gallon tall aquarium that holds water no problem but it is an oldy I'm sure. Oh and it has NO braces on it whatsoever. I'm going to be adding some bracing for sure but should I reseal it as well? I'm sure it's a more tedious job than anything but I'm good for it if need be.

My thought is it's an oldy but a good 1 and a lot of the older stuff is built with better (less health conscious) materials that tend to last a very long time. But at the same time that's a he'll of a lot of water I'm chancing it with...

What would you do?

To reseal or not to reseal? I just picked up a 6' 265 gallon tall aquarium that holds water no problem but it is an oldy I'm sure. Oh and it has NO braces on it whatsoever. I'm going to be adding some bracing for sure but should I reseal it as well? I'm sure it's a more tedious job than anything but I'm good for it if need be.

My thought is it's an oldy but a good 1 and a lot of the older stuff is built with better (less health conscious) materials that tend to last a very long time. But at the same time that's a he'll of a lot of water I'm chancing it with...

What would you do?

Id reseal it! Nothing beats 265 gallons of water all over your house. Take time and just go for it and yes braces are a must for a tank that big

What would you do?

Yeah I agree. Go ahead and reseal it. It would be easier to do it now. Trust me. Lol

Ya I think it's the right call for sure! Was just stoked to get this thing up and running! Haha!

Now any tips/tricks to stripping the old stuff? Or just a razor blade and have atter?

And what type of sealant do I use? I looked at my local aquarium shop and the stuff they have says it's only good for repairing small aquariums.. It's Aquarium sealant made by Marineland.

Any suggestions?

And what type of sealant do I use? I looked at my local aquarium shop and the stuff they have says it's only good for repairing small aquariums.. It's Aquarium sealant made by Marineland.

Any suggestions?

Go back through my thread and look at what I did & used

You want GE 1 silicone. This thread covers it all! From purchase to finished to leaked and resealed and finished again. Remember GE 1 SILICONE

You want GE 1 silicone. This thread covers it all! From purchase to finished to leaked and resealed and finished again. Remember GE 1 SILICONE

Really?? Im pretty sure I had a tube of that in my hand and read the fine print and it said not for aquarium use?

Back
Top Bottom