Tank Redo/ New stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m0stUniQue

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys so as of now my tank is running great :) (due to all the help from you guys) but I stocked my tank improperly from the start and I've decided to fix it. As of now my stocking plan is 2 angels 1 bolivian ram 2 skirt tetras and 1 DG, now aggression is becoming a factor and I realize that my tetras would be better off in a school. My lfs big als (if you can call it that) has many display tanks they would do great in. I'm planning to only keep one of the angels and the ram. I'm going to re-home the other angel, tetras, and gourami. I'm planning in the near future to get t5 lighting and planting but for now fish are the only thing in the budget. I was wondering how this stock sounds 1-Angel, 1-Bolivian Ram, 6-Rummynose Tetra, and 6 Cardinal Tetras (most likely but still open to suggestions) Thank you so much and enjoy the summer :)

As for tank specs:
-29 Gallon High
-Marineland penguin 200B
-Standard Heater
-Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, Nitrate <20 Thanks for your help :)

If you rehome both Angels you could maybe as another ram and have a male and female pair and either add Siamese algae eaters or otos. You could also add a small school of pygmy corydoras

I like the whole ram idea but my lfs is a hit and miss, as great as they sound i have no real interest in bottom feeders, i really would like to have many schooling fish and then a centerpiece or two like my ram, any other suggestions are welcome :)

Then maybe after adding the opposite sex of your ram add 9 more of each tetra species and have a total of 30 tetras. If you don't like that idea maybe add a school of 6 black skirt tetras or a similar schooling fish

Just came back from Big Als :) current stocking:
1-Bolivian Ram
2-African Butterfly Cichlid
6-Emperor Tetra
Still open to suggestions of what to do either add more emperor's another school of fish or both

I've been thinking about holding the whole dwarf cichlid theme minus the schoolers and wondering if I can include an apistogramma to the mix? Just one male most likely, let me know what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom