Tank sizes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the UK koi carp are a fantastic fish to grow and sell.

You can buy 2-3" koi for less than £10. And sell a 12" koi for £200+

But if it was easy to house and grow a fish from 2"-12" then it wouldn't be expensive now would it. Big fish are less common because most don't reach full size. Hence the price.

Here in the UK koi carp are a fantastic fish to grow and sell.

You can buy 2-3" koi for less than £10. And sell a 12" koi for £200+

But if it was easy to house and grow a fish from 2"-12" then it wouldn't be expensive now would it. Big fish are less common because most don't reach full size. Hence the price.

Yes however in the us most places wont take large fish. You are talking about 2 very very different parts of the world

Yes however in the us most places wont take large fish. You are talking about 2 very very different parts of the world

We have something in the UK called aquarist classifieds in the us you have aqua bid same thing If I want to sell a big fish the first place I go is aquarist classifieds

Come on let's be fair if you have a market to sell to its worth growing fish it's called knowing your market

If you are a top breeder of dogs you won't be selling your pups in Walmart

We have something in the UK called aquarist classifieds in the us you have aqua bid same thing If I want to sell a big fish the first place I go is aquarist classifieds

Come on let's be fair if you have a market to sell to its worth growing fish it's called knowing your market

If you are a top breeder of dogs you won't be selling your pups in Walmart

Ok dude this is obviously not getting us anywhere. Good luck and enjoy your big fish :)

I do enjoy my big fish just as much as people love the small fish and plants

We all like different things if all of our tanks looked the same this would be a very boring hobby

I do enjoy my big fish just as much as people love the small fish and plants We all like different things if all of our tanks looked the same this would be a very boring hobby

The best fish are the ones WE personally own. There's no fish better than your own :) we each love and care for our friends the best we can :) regardless of breed/size/type.
I'm sure we can all agree to that <3

When I see threads asking what's your fav fish I always say all my fish are if I didn't like them I wouldn't own them

It's like asking someone which one is your fav child

No matter what size tank you have it always ends up nearly or over stocked

The type of fish people keep depends on there tank size

Guys with a 55gal keep a certain fish and guys with a 500g keep a different type of fish

I don't think it really matters. If you have a tank big enough to grow out large fish for money, then do it. I haven't met a single person in my city that actually keeps a Oscar or blood parrot or jack Dempsey with the right tank mates in a decent tank size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom