Tank stand build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luma21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm creating this thread to show the build that I am currently doing for a 60 gallon tall tank. I've had the actual tank running for over six months now but there is not nearly enough space for anything in the cabinets. Especially for the new canister I bought which won't fit in my cabinets. (Still using just the HOB filter)

I'm not only showing these pictures and my progress for you guys to see but if you have any experience with this, than tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated. This is my very first stand build so be somewhat nice with the comments! Thank you everyone and enjoy the pictures ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424839833.886463.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424839857.716134.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424839871.789648.jpg

So far I've used 2x4s, 2x6s, 1x2s and plywood. Any questions or comments please ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424840115.561568.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424840142.243664.jpg

After the first coat of primer.

Looks like the front is stronger than the back? I'm thinking you should have done the same kind of reinforcement in the back as well.

Can anyone else chime in on this?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Looks like the front is stronger than the back? I'm thinking you should have done the same kind of reinforcement in the back as well.

Can anyone else chime in on this?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I agree the back board is only supported by the screws or nails.

I was thinking about the reinforcements for the back but I really only but those prices in the fronts for reinforcements for the doors when I make them and put them on.
I figure that the weight is all evenly distributed on those six 2x4s running vertically. Maybe I'll run two boards vertically on the back on the sides.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424896472.274900.jpg
Decided to take the advice and added a board to each side for more support. Also bought what's going to be the back of the stand and primed it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424896558.051219.jpg

Back
Top Bottom